This recipe is a Huebner family favorite.
- White onion
- Fire Cider
- Lots of freshly ground black pepper
- A splash of olive oil
- optional: chopped fresh dill
1. Peel and thinly slice as many cucumbers as you want to eat. This salad gets better with time so make enough to have for lunch tomorrow. Put the slices in a large bowl, add salt and toss. Let stand for at least a ½ hour then drain/squeeze out excess moisture – this concentrates the flavor!
2. Thinly slice enough white onion so that you have about 3 times as many cucumber slices as you do onion. Mix the onion in with the cucumber.
3. Add a splash of organic, extra virgin olive oil. Liberally add some Fire Cider and mix well. Taste and adjust salt and Fire Cider.
4. Top with as much cracked black pepper as you like, the more the better. Add some dill if using and mix again.
5. Let sit for at least 20 minutes before serving.
Enjoy now or the next day and stay cool, healthy and hydrated!